His wife succumbed to cancer 17 years ago, and he was only 52 then, (men in the 50s, still carry a lot of charm and spunk, dont we?) but since then i mean since the first week of his wife's demise which was on Friday, my friend Mr Kong has never failed to visit his wife's grave with a stalk of flower every friday evening as soon as he comes down from his hike right untill now.
I didnt believe it when i was told by his ex colleague about Mr Kong's undying love for his wife because i have never heard something like this from the people i know but yesterday i heard it right from the horse's mouth when i met Mr Kong during lunch.
It was hard for me to ask him to "testify" in front of me about his incessant love for his wife that i heard from his ex colleague, but to Mr Kong i am always the little boy who used to go to his office during my sales round many years ago, so i reckon it would not be a problem or even foolhardy for me to ask him what i eagerly wanting to know when given the chance.
So i asked, " Mr Kong, i heard that every friday after your hike, you will always go to your wife's grave and pay her the respect, true ka.? i asked incredulously. He was stunned with my question and as smile began to beam on his face he replied, " Indeed it is true"
I was amazed with his "testimony" i gave him a pat on the shoulder and put my hand on my forehead in a salute sign to this man Mr Kong who has stood the test of time as far as true love is concerned.
I will be celebrating my 13th wedding annervessary this coming 16th of November, i truly love my wife, no doubt about it, and i am still truly, madly and deeply in love with her, but can i be like Mr Kong when the very essence of love is tested, as for now i am 80% certain, i will but the remaining 20%, (may be if i can still find someone like her, then .......)
The most bizzare one i heard was this, the husband took in his girlfriend just three days after his wife's demise and pronounced to his children the new status of his girlfriend.(This happened to my former classmate)
Q)Do you think it is stupid to stay steadfastly devoted in marriage even when the other partner is gone?
P/S : The equation between Love and Stupidity is still LOVE............