Wednesday, September 01, 2010

My struggle within........................

Met one of my friends the other day (the one that i used to hang out drinking), asked him was he still drinking, happily he told me he quit drinking and smoking for about a year or so now.

I am not a compulsive drinker admittedly speaking but somehow or rather i used to hate myself to the bone if i had too much of it, it has always been a struggle within me as far as my drinking hobby is concerned, never mind about the money spent ,rather it is about me and about my family.

Looking back at my friend that i mentioned at the entry of this post, i knew there must be something that was so strong for him to quit drinking all together and all at once.

Last two nights, i went out drinking with my lovely wife, my sister and BIL, during those hours drinking away, there was this reminder kept coming to my ear " Papa, don't drink too much ya, "

This is exactly what my wonderful lil Marvell keeps telling me whenever i have some drinks, " Papa, please don't drink too much" it has always made me feel very bad but making feel very bad didn't really motivate me to do otherwise, cos i always say to myself," what the heck, life's short a drink or two won't kill me." untill last two nights ago.

Marvell's reminder kept pumping in my head, i took the full glass of beer in my hand, i walked out of the karaok room, left the whole glass there, and telling myself "this it is, "

My motivation (determined to keep with the grace of God) is that i don't want to hear this coming from my Marvell again," Papa, please don't drink too much" this it is.

Action speaks louder than words so they say and i am determined to make that action comes to fruition, and those words shall be forlorn.

I want to be a father that my family can be proud of and making no excuses for it.

P/S : I am weak and i want to be truthful

13 comments:

  1. well... merdeka for you on drinking...

    you know what they say, good result will always take some challenges in getting there... hehehe like eating crab... banyak susah but the taste... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as we grow older all sort of "penyakit" will come. It's good to refrain from drinking too much. Best if everything take in moderate level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi friend, hope this 53rd Merdeka changed your whole mindset and own health and for the sake of everybody who loves you too. Drinking too much indeed will cause bad things to liver esp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! Congrats...you did it! I used to drink, frequent pubs, sing karaoke...but I stopped drinking completely when I realised that the beer caused my gout attacks. I still drop by pubs, go karaoke once in while with friends... They drink but I drink shandy or soft drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never liked drinking since I was young. But i did take a sip or two. Just for fun and to kill the time with friends, who love drinking.

    Hehehe...u made a good choice by stopping drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so...eugene, really quit?? i dont know why i cannot enjoy the taste of beer.. very fuuu.. bitter.. i see my frens all enjoying yam sing, yam sing with any type of beer but i really don't like.. as for u, drink moderately ok lar.. like drinking leong char once awhile.. but i would love to go karaoke-ing.. so nice you can often go with your siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think moderation is better lar no nid to quit all together...i drink oso occasionally and socially hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. 任何事物都不可过多。偶尔酌个几杯不醉的也是人生乐事其一呀 ^^ 量力而为吧 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't drink at all bro. What for? :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. can u drink a bit and stop? hhhmm... i love drinking, and think i can hold the glass pretty well lar.. haha, but no more kaki now.. haha! so i stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good decision... if it kills you even a bit then better just stop right away. We cant be too selfish in life. Especially in a family, its not just about us alone anymore... we have a family to look after.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started to enjoy beer only lately. May be only last year. When I watched TVB drama till late at night with my hubby, we drank together. I also try to cut down now, as I think i put on weight after picking up this bad hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i used to drink a lot too because bad way of coping with life, but i stop now because... well, if you read about the effect of alcohol on our body.... errrkk.. i just hope to stay healthy... health is wealth.

    ReplyDelete