Received a call from a dear friend last friday telling me that "Chong" had died litterally burnt to death. His death was caused by nothing but a mosquito coil, i was stunned hearing this news, could not believe that he could die in such fashion.
"Chong" was a paralpelgic, bed ridden for the last five years or so, he was my ex neigbour, my baby sitter, my once food caterer. When we were neigbours, i used to go over to his house chit-chatting and drinking, had some good times with him i remember.
Sometimes it is so funny about the thing called "accident", you see "Chong" used to have mosquito coil lit up in his room day in and day out for such a long time for he could not stand the nuisance of the mozzies, and for so long the mosquito didn't harm him anyway but this time the mosquito coil turned deadly on him.
His wife as usual went out to buy medicine, locked the gate, suddenly neigbour heard cries of help coming from "Chong", they rushed to the house, what they saw was the fire had engulfed the room where "Chong" was in, they tried to break open the gate but it was all too late. Above less than 15 minutes, the fire men came, forced open the gate, what they could rescue or salvage was the charred body of my friend "Chong"
On the same day, the wife called me up to ask if i had known of "Chong's" death, i said i heard from Lee and read it from the TV news as well, and i told her i would be there to pay my last respect to my once friend.
So long my friend, RIP.................
P/S : Never take safety for granted, or it will just get you hunted