Monday, May 30, 2011

Kissed and said goodbye................

Jovial came into my room early this morning about 6 am, softly he said,"Papa, good morning, i am leaving for my Boys Bridage camp now" I was still like half awake, half sleeping and i went "ha, ok".

Then he bent down a little, stretching his head towards my cheek and gave me a kiss on my cheek and gave it a gentle pat and saying i love you papa, then i said to him" go and enjoy yourself and see you back on Thursday,ya"

Jovial can sometimes be so cocky and nonchalant towards us(well, i guess this is what a normal 14 year old boy would behave) but every time when he shows his affection, tender loving care and warmth towards us, it really makes us feel so proud.

Just like this morning, the kiss, the saying of "I love you, papa" and even the good morning ,those were nice feelings that would linger a little longer as far as i am concerned.

I really have a small family, just the four of us and it is really the duty and the onus of me and my lovely wife to cultivate the sense of "familyness", the bonding and the love to one another,

Sometimes i do get very upset with Jovial when he subtly bullying his little bro and calling him non pleasant names but every time when i ask him, does he really love his brother, he will always says,he does.

When we take turn to pray at night, either Marvell or Jovial will always ask the Good Lord to bless, to protect all of us in the family and they do really make me proud.

P/S : I love this family of mine..............

17 comments:

  1. No parent want to see a broken family. We all wish for stronger bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your son enjoy his camp. school holiday has started today. good for working people as there are less trafic and i can wake up later than usual :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids being kids they do have their moods too as long as they are under control its perfectly OK betul tak?.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good feeling brother when our kids does that.hope they wont stop even when they are grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's normal for kids to squabble sometimes. me and my siblings did tht when we were little...and now as everyone has grown up, my mom said the house has been really quiet already....enjoy the moments =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boys...teenage years, can be more complicated - like a kite on a very delicate string - once broken, it's gone forever. Have to tread softly and carefully - no favouritism now, all must be equal!

    P.S.
    Aiyor...your anak so good, will get up before you and go off on his own like that. Most parents will have to get everything ready for them, drag them out of bed and chauffeur them to the place. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. now my kids say they love me thru sms.. cards.. anything but verbal... er... is it? i also cannot remember.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are very thoughtful, they'll ask for blessing for the whole family =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to hear the way you speak of your family eugene. Sounds really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww.. reading ur post always warms da heart, eugene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your son will have a good time at the camp and will totally forgot about the family till he comes back home again...I know so cos I got 2 sons who had done the National Service and I'm the one who keep thinking about them!! kekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet. Can see you and your teenage son relationship is good. I don't think I would to this to my beloved mother when I was 14yo, even I'm already adulthood now. I guess that is the difference of closed minded family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..your son is joining the camp! He will come back as a highly-motivated hero. You have that very strong bond with your lil guys..well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think it's a very sweet thing to kiss daddy while he is sleeping and say "i love you", especially for a boy.. i thot only daddy will do that~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. how I wish my hubby has the time to spend with his kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Eugene, very heartwarming. Glad to read you have a loving family.
    It's all because of Papa and Mama.
    Its the way how parent guide their kids, they benefit the good or not so good.

    In your case, they'll be responsible adults when they grow up.
    Good for you, Eugene...best regards.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Walao can really feel the warmth of your familyness... Haha my family also 4 and just like yours, 2 boys.

    So I guess I know whats it like when I bully my lil brother but I really love him so so much.

    Now no more bullying, haha everyone is a big boy now :P

    ReplyDelete