Thursday, May 12, 2011

In Two Separate Worlds.............

It was kind of awkward to hearing a married man whining and jabbering away .."I am lonely, what's this, married like not married like that"

His wife works in a MNC, five days week but long hours, she sometimes or most of the times has to be in the office early to have Con-Calls and stays back late for meetings after meeings. To cut the story short, this friend of mine begins to feel like things are slowly drifting apart.

When he wakes up in the morning, the chances of catching his wife to be still on bed is to him a luxury,(that's what he said), and the topic of conversation before they retire from the evening is most often than not is about her work, or she will still be clinging to her lap-top anwering emails that she claims she has to do ,or else they will pile up like avalanches crashing down on her.

While he kept murmuring away, it then suddenly dawned upon me, I could be just like him at times, feeling frustrated with my wife long hours of work(I know she enjoys her work) and the "You and Me" times are slowly being nibbled away and that's why I thought this could be the reason why i sometimes sneak out and loafing with my friends,(just like my friend did)

When I asked my friend did he ever sound to his wife about his frustration, he said yes but he lamented it always got back to the square one.

I thought only ladies would feel lonely and frustrated about the husband long hour of work, night entertaintment and what not but not I am convinced ................we are equal now.

After hearing my friend ranting out, I told him we should come out and drink coffee more often,only when we have put the children to sleep first.............

选你所爱, 爱你所选

P/S : Now I see you, Now I don't and our hearts can still tango

18 comments:

  1. My wife just retired... Hehehehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I have been following your blog and maybe should start to blog too.

    I think if your friend's wife is given a choice, I believe she does not wish to have tons of mails and con calls to attend. .. Think positively

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people use that excuse to find a new sweet young thing. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think men nowadays are lonely. I heard one of the the male friend said his wife rather goes shopping and clings with her mother more than attending wedding dinner with him. I pity him but also think that he deserves it as he also never concerns about what his wife feels when he works all around the clock.
    两个不同的人,两个不同的世界。

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess life's like that. So every moment you get to spend with the wife, just try to make the most of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never ask my hubby before...does he?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a lot to be thankful for. There are worse things in life. What happened to for better or for worse and support for one another? How quickly people forget..

    Thanks for sharing the story, Eugene. There is a lesson to be learned here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We must always find a balance in life. I have time for my work, my activities, and my family. All are equally important now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eugene, I'd learnt that marriage life isn't the same as courtship, which has less commitment and more lovey-dovey moments.

    After married and with a family to feed, we are working harder to make ends meet, to secure a quality life. I think it is normal.

    What I do is, I try to spend more quality time (to quantity) with my family :)

    p/s: I have a workaholic spouse at home.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometime we got to be realistic, cause so many commitments. Make a deal at least doing something together eg. family day, buying groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, yr friend should keep himself occupied as his wife is a career woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very true.. n in most cases..its until soemthing happens before we realised our mistakes n sometimes its too late.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read from somewhere somewhere. A single feeling lonely is normal, but a married one feeling lonely is unbearable.

    The problem with reading a lot is we can almost know what to expect in what situation and for now, I am somewhat scared of going through what you and your friend are going through.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh well... this is what we getting in the current world of having both income earners family... what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eugene,that is a sad case indeed. work is important but it should not take all our time. if not checked it can do great harm to the marriage. it can even cause the spouse to have extra marital relationship outside once they feel neglected for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 只有男人会寂莫吗?where are the ladies / mothers?????

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vice versa, my husband travels a lot... last week he was in Thai, ths week in China and next week in Indonesia... sigh~!

    Life goes on, just gonna treasure each other more whn ur other half is around! Hopefully absence makes the heart grow fonder...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in my own world.. no more separate worlds.. so no comments.. hope you men will not drown your sorrows in... :)

    ReplyDelete