Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It is not easy, i know

It is so real one.... i must say. The stress that we encounter in our working place can spill over to the family, and sadly said most of the times we are not competent to leave the stress from the working place when we punch out.

I knew my lovely wife had a terrible day in the office yesterday, usually she would call me or text me to inform me that she would be late for home, this is the one thing that i'd advised her to do for safety reason.

She didn't do both( call or text me), i got bit worried, when it was 20 minutes way past the usuall "home time" i called and she said she was already down stair, was relieved to hear that but i was a bit angry though.

When she was at the door, and me with a notch of shrill voice i said," You should have called me to tell me you were late,ma" but somehow there was an inner voice that came through me signalling to me that my lovely wife was having a bad at work thus my displeasurable was meekly contained.

Thank God, i managed to clean up the house, did the ironing, mopped the floor before she came home, it would be even more stress for her if she were to come back to see heaps of unironed clothes, dust layered floor and other chores that were not done.

It is never easy to be a working mom, at work you are inundated with hundreds upon hundreds of emails to reply, incessant customers' request, some office unhealthy politic and sometime the non chalant attitude from your suboridinates, collegues and even superiors.

As a soul mate to the other half, we must always learn to feel for the malaise of our partner, reasurring them that it is nice to be back home, the sanctuary or rest, the solace for the tired souls.

I am still learning to be a better hub... day in and day out.

P/S : Plus and minus will give the perfect equation in a marriage, you give more sometimes, you ask for less at times.

16 comments:

  1. U care, U concern & U understand well. Good marriage starts from the heart! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. Very nice. What you have mentioned here is so true especially I viewed it from a full time working mother's point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Being a working mom really takes up a lot of time. That's why I try to do all the house chores before my wife comes home every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your humbleness and yet I think you should know you are doing a great job as a husband and father... and cleaning and ironing as well? wow, you must be God sent! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. U r such a good husband. Every women will appreciate their husband to help out with the house chores especially working mum !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! A lesson for me to learn as well down the road!

    Gallivanter
    www.danielfranklingomez.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. all ends well in the end.. never mind.. all safe and sound.. it is another one of those days we have in life..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! You should have been married to my missus, then you will know... She has TWO handphones but will never call to tell you if she's going to be late...and when you sms or call her, no reply!!! I just don't bother to say anything anymore. Give up already - sometimes you can't just close one eye. You have to close BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanna it runs in genes or not? My man would even said, he wont get lost, he is big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It takes two to tango. Marriage is hard work by both parties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No doubt each of us have pressures from works, we should never bring them back home..
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my hb is like you, thank God. now that we are married, He has improved so much. he now understand that i am as tired as him, and the house chores shall not fall entirely to me, since we also share the financial aspect fairly (not necessary equal though). i used to tell him off whenever he complaint abt me being late, as if I have nothing better to do than lepak in the office, duh. he is more understanding now whenever i am late, although not so linient anymore when I got pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very sweet of you as hub and dad...I always think leaving under the same roof, no matter what position you are in, at least we share out the workloads. Even my lil gal can help me on laundry.But my hub thinks that wifey is the one who suppose to fold the laundry, wash the dishes,clean the house and he only shake his booties...i dono which thinking he is surviving in...ICE AGE, perhaps! Again, no point of shouting it out...after all he is the man i have chosen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. u will be one day and at that time i'll learn from u lagi.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol at STP's comment!

    You are a very good hubs there Eugene and I believe it's becoz you have an equally good wife :)

    Take care :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. guess this highlights the perfect marriage where one spouse instinctively know what sort of day that the other was having. Hope the two of you will continue to enjoy such lovely marriage.

    ReplyDelete