Monday, October 11, 2010

Just my thought

" My friend brother Tan XX XXX stay in Melaka General Hospital ICU ward in serious condition,wish everybody spend a minute to pray for him for recovery Thks, Boon."

I received this SMS message from a good friend on last Saturday evening, while i was in the middle of church service, how should i pray for him, i was asking myself, recovery? getting out of danger? pray that his loved ones would be strong in this time of difficulty? seriously i didn't know... i just closed my eyes and i said this prayer," Lord, you know best, so let your will be done in this situation"

You might blame me for my indifference in such a situation, you might even scold me, how could i not pray for his recovery and for some kind of miracle when hope is fast diminishing, how could i not feel for his loved ones?

Regarless, let put my faith aside, let us assume that we all believe in the same God that i call the Father In Heaven, we all know that life is vulnerable and life is of HIM. I was thinking to myself, if i were to be in that same situation lying in the ICU, with every minute of life slipping away, and if i could pray, how should i pray? God, give me one more chance, God, now is the time to perform your miracle but what if all that you pray for is not the true intention of GOD, would we begin to hate HIM?

I am sorry but this what i really feel, if we could say that we trust the Father in Heaven in everything we do then why can't we have faith that the ultimate result comes from HIM even it is way too far from what we pray for?

So to Tan XX XXXX, i pray that you are in God's good hands and this is true...

P/S : I am still learning to increase my faith in HIM everyday of my life

14 comments:

  1. Hmmm...sometimes just need to have faith. Whatever will be will be

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you. in malay we have this saying "kita hanya merancang, tuhan menentukan nya" = "we can only plan, god will make the decision" and whatever HIS decision is, it will be the best for everyone just that whetehr we know now or realise it later.

    just remember that every single person have their own way and time to heal, some 1 day, some 1 week, some 1 month, 1 year or 10 years. only time & HE knows best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven...
    Yes, our lives are in His hands..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for your friend..that he will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my cousin was involved in a freak accident n was in da ICU with no hope of survival whatsoever. the doctor told us to be prepared for the worst. We got everyone to pray for his recovery n today, he is out and about with his life. sometimes, miracle does happen... prayers are answered no matter which GOD we pray too...

    we might not even pray to GOD.. just a wish, a hope, a thought that things will be better...

    i hope for your friend to get out of danger and be on the road to recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The road to recovery is not a straight one. It could be winding, it could be a long way. No matter what, the power of prayer helps. Pray as your heart tells you to. There is no pre-determined text that you need to follow when you pray for the sick, or when you pray daily. What is more important is the content of your heart when you pray. God knows, and He listens no matter how you say it. This is my belief.

    I pray that your friend would recover, and that he and his family will have the strength to help him in recovery. A-men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God works in mysterious ways. We pray...and hope that our prayers will be answered...but as Jesus taught us to say in The Lord's Prayer, "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven" and in Mary's words, "Let it be done to me according to Thy Word"...and adapting the centurion's words, "Lord, I am not worthy...but say but the word and my prayers shall be answered."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have learnt something...we can only pray and God will decide. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;

    In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct your paths.

    Pro 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  10. indeed...having faith is not about having our ways being done, is about having faith that no matter what happens, His knows the best for us. :)God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh~! Most important... learn to treasure our surrounding while we can. All the best to your friend's brother!

    have a pleasant day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ya, pray and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you guys,,, let us all learn to lean on the Man Above

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever the outcome, eventually have to accept it.

    ReplyDelete